Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||West Palm Beach, FL United States
Director, Client Management (South Florida) (22013893)|
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Building lasting relationships is at the heart of our business and that’s exactly what members of our sales team do best. Use your entrepreneurial mindset and consultative approach to create rewarding opportunities for both our customers and yourself, while being backed by an iconic brand. Whether you’re helping our customers get the most value from our range of innovative products and services, or collaborating internally across teams to deliver new solutions, your work can help us become an essential part of our customers’ lives. Find your place in sales on #TeamAmex.
Do you enjoy a dynamic, collaborative work environment where you can make a mark? Are you someone who knows how to drive significant business results and build new partnerships? Are you excited to join and create a team culture that is opportunistic, innovative, accountable, customer-oriented and results-focused? The American Express Director of Account Development / Client Management oversees an exciting portfolio of small to medium Merchants (B2B and B2C) concentrated primarily in Georgia and other surrounding states. As the Director, you will be responsible for leading a team of 5 Senior Client Managers to grow revenue, by establishing mutually-beneficial and profitable, long-lasting relationships with merchant accounts. Your team will be accountable for delivering valuable, innovative insights and solutions to our clients across a diverse range of companies. You will oversee a dynamic team in the Southern Region, with more than $5.2B in American Express charge volume and 500+ merchant relationships. If you want to join one of the world’s most respected brands and be a part of our future, this role is for you.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a team of 5 senior client managers, supporting approximately 500+ Merchant accounts with more than $5.2B in charge volume.
- Develop and build a top-performing team to retain and drive increased American Express’ business (B2B and B2C) by growing revenue and improving share. This includes helping your team identify and expand existing business relationships, close acceptance gaps with Merchants, and develop strategic portfolio / account plans.
- Lead team to deepen their understanding of Merchant needs so they can align American Express’ value proposition and increase share by customizing and reinforcing our value proposition using financials.
- Cultivate a culture of learning, strong challenger sales and consultative relationship management.
- Define what winning looks like and collaborate across the Enterprise to deliver holistic value that leads to incremental revenue.
- Embrace the fast changing payments landscape and keep current with supply and demand, payment trends and economic and competitive indicators.
- Ensure that American Express is front and center for our valued clients. Modeling key sales behaviors and skills and balance deal vs. skill coaching.
- Increase Merchant Satisfaction and maximize profits with an enterprise thinking approach
Qualifications & Requirements
- Proven people leader with demonstrated ability of building a top-performing sales and account development team. Focus will be on B2B sales growth.
- Track record of driving superior sales results through others by providing strong thought leadership, clear prioritization / pipeline management, sound decision-making and creative problem-solving.
- Innovative leader who has strong change management skills and leads with a growth mindset. Willing and able to contribute directly to team efforts and results.
- Uses breakthrough thinking to generate insights, alternatives and opportunities for business growth/new merchant solutions. Strong business knowledge and financial acumen is a must.
- Strong demonstration of Challenger skills and ability to work with C level executives to grow revenues.
- Ability to collaborate, be flexible and manage change in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment. Use networks inside and outside the business to provide support in delivering goals.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate frequently, candidly and clearly. Ability to listen and adapt/pivot approach.
- Existing people leader strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the Merchant / acquiring business and/or the U.S. payments industry are strongly preferred.
- Bachelors Required
- Position is virtual with candidate residing in Ft.. Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach, FL. Travel required 40% when business travel resumes.
- A valid driver's license is required as this employee will be on the road visiting merchants on average 8-12 days per month. As such, a company car is provided. A motor vehicle records check will be conducted for all successful candidates at the time of offer. Disclosure of all moving violations within the last 3 years (Including, but not limited to: Speeding Tickets, Refusal to submit to BAC (Blood Alcohol Content), Reckless Driving, Leaving scene of accident, and Driver’s License suspension for moving violations) is required during the application process.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e., 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J) in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
In addition, we are required to comply with all client COVID-19 protocols that may be present in advance of meeting and/or entertaining with clients as a requirement of client-facing roles.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
|Contact Name:||Shahadat Hussain|
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Supplier Diversity Resources
A monthly magazine and annual conference for African American entrepreneurs and business owners.
The leading publication on diversity and business.
The only publication for Hispanic and Latino entrepreneurs and business owners.
A bi-monthly publication that serves a nationwide forum for minority and women business owners, corporations and government agencies concerned with minority enterprise development.
Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA)
The only federal agency dedicated to advancing the establishment and growth of minority-owned firms in the United States.
National Minority Business Council (NMBC)
A non-profit organization that expands opportunities available to small, minority and women business owners.